Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gearing Up for #etmooc: An Introductory Post

#etmooc won't be my first experience in a massive, open, online course: I took #CCK09 with George Siemens a few years ago, and I have lurked in a couple of the MOOCS offered by Coursera in the past year.  I have been an online instructor since 2004, and have taken other courses about educational technology, so the subject matter isn't entirely new either.
However,  I am very excited about the potential for building communities and networks in the context of the course.  I also find that I am increasingly interested in issues relating to digital literacy and digital citizenship, and what it means to model those kinds of practices as an instructor, and so I'm very much looking forward to those sections of the course.
We have been asked to blog during the course, and I will be blogging here.  Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment